Rummaging around the old Stats Tab, I decided to take a look at what search terms were used to get to my blog. What an interesting and thought-provoking tale it tells!
The majority of the search terms are all positive like “Robin Sharma’s Rules for Being Amazing“, “Obtaining Clarity” and “Success“. I am very happy about this and hope that somewhere along the line I was able to inspire.
“Happy fathers day to someone old enough to be my dad” – this was the most popular one during the last seven days. “Happy fathers day” I understand, but “to someone old enough to be my dad“? I must admit, I don’t quite get that one!
Then there are quite a few with “photograph my penis” or “love your penis blog” somewhere in the search term. I guess that would refer to my post about rules for boys. Bottomline: it is never, ever, ever a good idea! Forget about it and move swiftly along.
The most disturbing search terms will have to be these two:
- “View Rape Video”
- “Rapetown sex game”
At first I was disgusted, to say the least, that someone would be searching for rape videos or that there is actually a game you can play, which would include rape. Don’t get me wrong it still disgusts me and it is just another sign of the absolutely sick society we have become. However, let’s look at it from another perspective.
What would happen if we all had to do posts about how we object to rape; how we refuse to accept that it has become a part of who we are? I’m not saying that our words can turn the scum of the earth into a decent human being, but perhaps we can plant a seed somewhere in him. Perhaps that seed will sprout and, somewhere in the future, he might think twice before raping.
I certainly hope that the persons who came to be here by following any of those search terms, got something to think about.
Rape is wrong!
- I don’t care how bad your childhood was – you have the choice to learn from it and be a better person.
- I don’t care how mad you are at your mother for not hugging you – it’s your choice to let go of the pain and show more love to your children than you ever had.
- I don’t care how much you hate your ex-wife – only you can choose to treat women with love and respect.
- If you have perverted sexual needs which can’t be satisfied by a normal, healthy sexual relationship, look up Copper Sulphate. It worked wonders for the army boys.
- If you feel the urge to take your frustration out on someone who is obviously not able to defend themselves against you, get a punchbag.
- If you feel your mind playing tricks on, get medical advice next time you are “yourself”.
- If you are on drugs or have a drinking problem, seek help.
There is simply no excuse which can justify such a horrendous act towards another human being.
Making someone else pay for something that was done to you will never fix anything!
So, if you found your way here by means of some perverted need, stop and think about what you are doing. There are many other ways to solve the problem. Rape is not and never will be the answer.