I love people watching. There is just something about sitting in a busy mall and watching them go by.
Couples, young and in love or old and content with each other. Families, toddlers, bursting with energy and teenagers, sulking about having to go along. The lone man, walking around almost aimlessly, worry creasing his brow and the lone woman, giggling at a private joke or trying to hide the tears.
I never ceases to amaze me that each one of them have a story to tell. Every human being on this planet have a private joy or private fear; we all carry anger or resentment, love or compassion. The human machine never stops producing memories or emotions, it never stops not even when we sleep. I am completely fascinated by the wonder of the mechanics of the human soul and what we do with it.
So no, I am not a party animal, but I do love being the wall flower, sitting quietly in the background and taking stock of that which is the human nature!
For some more examples of the wonder of the human machine go look what other bloggers (each with their own opinion) had to say on this prompt:
- 21 july Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) | family photos food & craft
- Will you play with me? |
- Personality | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Daily Prompt: From Dr. Hyde’s Perspective | The Whimsical Circumlocutor
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) | writinglikeastoner
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- I Do Not Photoshop Any Picture I Upload | Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) | likereadingontrains
- ‘Tis Not Something You Ask An Introvert | Black and White Heart
- Party Animal with Social Anxiety | Tony’s Texts
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals | suzie81’s Blog
- A Daily Prompt Poem: Personality « Vicariously Poetic
- Which Party Known By | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) « The Blogging Path
- The After Party Diner (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Party Animals (?): Who Was She? | Khana’s Web